Wednesdays 10:00 – 11:00am
Parenting is hard.
Parenting during a pandemic is harder.
Let’s help each other.
Courage Medicine is offering a free, Zoom-based, parent-support group for families of K-6th grade children to create a safe space to:
Talk with other parents about parenting challenges
- Connect with others who care
- Express your fears, frustrations, hopes and joys
- Share resources, ideas, and what has worked for you
- Talk about the impact of racism, Covid-19, violence, drugs and other social factors on raising children
- Explore how to advocate for your child so they receive equal access to quality education, healthcare, enriching activities and opportunities.
At the same time, we will be offering a Zoom class for your children, engaging them in meaningful activities. Children will:
- Listen to and talk about stories
- Learn ways to manage feelings
- Express themselves through art
- Play interactive games
- Build new friendships in their community
This is a support group. It will be facilitated by mental health professionals and certified educators, but it is not therapy. The goal is to create a space for parents and guardians to connect with each other, share their own expertise, and help one another.